Thank you for your interest in working at SPIDA Software!
Sales Account Executive
Serving the electric and telecommunication industries since 2007, SPIDA Software’s cost-effective Structure Management System is a unique platform developed to create a digital twin of utility overhead systems and a centralized portal for the coordination of activities including joint use and engineering. The platform features SPIDAcalc, the industry’s trusted structural analysis software, and SPIDAstudio, the first-ever scalable, on-demand platform for the oversight of activity, analysis, and management of asset structural health. SPIDA Software’s solutions are developed and supported by a knowledgeable, passionate staff with extensive industry experience.
SPIDA Software is seeking a Sales Account Executive with the ability to promote the adoption of our industry-leading software to win new business and manage clients through the sales pipeline. This role will be responsible for both internal and external sales. Candidates must be highly motivated and possess demonstrated communication and collaboration skills to be successful in our team-based program. The position will be located in Columbus, OH.
- 2+ years of experience in executing sales and marketing strategies
- Preferably have skills in Software Sales and/or the Electric Utility Industry
- Clearly articulate the strength and value proposition of the software
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth
- Understand the customers’ budgeting and purchasing processes
- Successfully execute the sales process for all opportunities
- Effectively utilize and leverage the CRM to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Leverage social media to successfully prospect and build a professional network
- Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars (as required)
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Strong communication skills to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved. Must also be able to cold call prospects with confidence in order to gain new clients.
- Collaboration Skills: Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple parties from inside and outside the company. Build relationships, influence, manage conflicts and navigate through ambiguity in order to get things done.
- Negotiation & Persuasion Skills: Achieving your set goals require that you are able to learn when to compromise and when to take a stand while being tactful and diplomatic at all times. Win hearts, minds, and trust of our clients.
- Computer Skills: High competency working with Microsoft Office and CRM software is a must.
- Research & Strategy: Strong research and strategic analysis skills. These are necessary in order to benchmark the competition and keep the company ahead of it.
- Business Intelligence: Conduct the necessary market analysis needed to identify the company´s current position and what competitive advantage the company has over the similar businesses in the sector.
- Industry: Must possess a strong knowledge of the electric utility industry, with specific focus on T&D. A working knowledge of wireline/wireless overhead communication infrastructure with experience in make ready/joint use is also beneficial.
Critical Behaviors (in order of priority)
- Creativity: Ability to identify unique solutions to business issues and customer needs through a detailed understanding of the company’s technology solutions.
- Collaboration: Exercises influence through communication, negotiation and relationship building rather than through formal authority structures.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to breakdown a business issue or process into component parts. The ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems while anticipating dependencies and interrelationships.
- Clients and potential clients
- Channel Partners
- Marketing Team
- Product development and software development teams
- Company President
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience of software/emergent technology sales and sales management experience
- Measurable success with selling to enterprise level clients, maintaining the attention of multiple key stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business professionals and management
- Demonstrated experience with strong partnerships and advocacy with customers
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize your activities
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Power Systems, GIS, Business Administration, or a related field
- Marketing/GTM strategies
- Demonstrable, proven experience selling into electric and telecommunication utilities with an emphasis on T&D organizations
- 25-50% may be expected
- Columbus, OH
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.