Increase System Integrity with SPIDAcalc: Take the Mystery Out of Pole Loading
Utility companies and their contractors are required and committed to ensuring the safety and reliability of their overhead assets, yet they often struggle to develop consistent processes needed to accomplish these goals. Traditional methods of overhead pole loading are manual, tedious and time-consuming, often involving quite a bit of guesswork. As a result, organizations lose confidence in the integrity of their system, leading to financial misspends, unreliable service, and safety concerns.
No longer treating pole loading software as a black box, SPIDAcalc – v7.0 Jumper makes it straightforward to model, analyze and optimize overhead T&D assets. SPIDAcalc gives organizations transparency, control and sophistication through integration and flexibility on collection, material specification and analysis methods. Using SPIDAcalc increases system integrity, ensures reliable service, reduces safety concerns, and optimizes overhead financial investments.
Features of SPIDAcalc Jumper Include:
Complete Refresh of the User Interface
The improved user interface provides a more flexible environment which allows users to tailor the software to their individual needs, resulting in a better overall user experience. The new UI was built on industry technology and best practices, and features:
- Ability to edit designs in the 3D View
- Redesigned Graphic and Table Views
- Updated layout, including configurable workspaces
- Workspaces can be extended out over multiple monitors
- Design in Map View with drag and drop functionality
- Zooming capabilities while in the Graphic View, including photos
Scalable, Cloud-Based Analysis Engine
SPIDA’s newest solution within the SPIDAstudio platform, Cloud-Based Analysis provides the scalable horsepower to handle the analysis of 1 pole or 100,000 poles in a matter of minutes. Features of Cloud-Based Analysis include:
- Streamlines integrated software solutions
- Increased productivity
- Reduction of hardware costs
- Uses the same engine as SPIDAcalc, and therefore yields the same results
In Jumper, Assemblies are executed using an entirely new approach, providing users with greater flexibility in the design of their poles, as well as increased productivity, efficiency and time savings. Assemblies are now integrated in the central UI of the software, providing users with the following benefits:
- Assemblies can be added to one or more poles at a time, exponentially speeding up the time to design pole lines
- Intelligent framing allows users to quickly change out applied framings on a pole when modifying an existing design
- Users can add assemblies from their client file, or create and store their own local library
Introducing A New Concept to Pole Loading Software: Connectivity
Connectivity is a new, SPIDA-exclusive concept, which eliminates repetitive modeling of individual structures. A connected environment provides greater efficiency by allowing users to edit, add and modify an entire pole line with just a few clicks of the mouse. Utility poles are connected in the real world, so shouldn’t they be connected in your pole loading software?
The Same Analysis Engine You Trust, with an All-New Analysis Layout
The all-new Analysis View changes the way analysis results are presented, including new formatting of the Analysis Results Summary and Details Table, as well as the addition of radar charts.